Treat migraine and cluster headache at the core
- gammaCore: Novel, non-invasive vagus nerve stimulation (nVNS) delivered by a patient friendly, hand-held device
- Completely non-invasive therapy stimulates the cervical branch of the vagus nerve. No surgery. No invasive procedure
- VNS demonstrates the ability to suppress high glutamate levels in the trigeminal nucleaus caudalis (TNC), which may be the pain-blocking mechanism of nVNS1
The next frontier of headache pain management
- Global clinical program: 3 randomized clinical trials completed, 3 additional studies in progress. One of the largest clinical programs in headache
- Non-pharmacologic, flexible treatment option with a role in both acute and preventative treatment
- Side effects are primarily local, mild, and transient
gammaCore: bringing the clinical potential of nVNS to life
- gammaCore makes nVNS practical, safe, and flexible
- Avoids the surgery-related adverse effects and costs of implantable neuromodulating devices and potentially limits adverse effects related to continuous on-off stimulation2,3
- gammaCore is administered with a hand-held device, about the size of a mobile phone that generates a unique electrical signal. A conductive gel is applied on the stimulation surfaces of the device and it is placed on the neck. Each dose takes approximately 2 minutes to administer (you may require more than one dose per treatment).
Learn more about non-invasive vagus nerve stimulation (nVNS) and its role in treating headache disorders.